Ready to Find Out More?
View Our Services
Let's Get Started!
Get Immediate Help with Information, Costs & Payment Options.
Our mission is to enable our clients to live independently and safely in their own home for as long as possible.
A recent survey commissioned by AARP found that over 90% of those age 65 and older want to remain in their current residence for as long as possible. In-home care assists the elderly in achieving that goal and provides many emotional and financial advantages for those who can no longer live alone without outside assistance.
Elder Care has provided peace of mind care for our clients and family members in Kansas and Missouri since 1987. Marilyn Maize founded Elder Care when she needed assistance with her aging parents. Marilyn’s daughter, Robbin Gardner, joined the company a few years later and, together, they developed the company into one of Kansas City’s premier, locally-owned and operated home care companies. Ms. Maize retired in 2016 when Kevin Edwards purchased the business.
Like many in the home care industry, Kevin experienced the value of dependable and compassionate caregivers when he needed care for a family member. Kevin’s wife, Lori, was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2007 and utilized homecare services at various times until her death in 2021.
Prior to Kevin acquiring Elder Care, he spent over 10 years with an industry-leading health benefits company working in the Medicare Advantage segment to maintain and improve the health and quality of life of seniors in the Kansas City and surrounding areas.
If you are facing a tough choice regarding the living arrangements or the care for a loved one, please explore our site and call us at 816-333-3322 to schedule a risk-free Assessment and Safety Evaluation.
Why Choose Elder Care?
We realize there are many home care agencies offering their services in the area. We believe Elder Care is different for the following reasons:
- Institutional Experience: Elder Care has been in business for over 30 years, making us one of the oldest home care agencies in Kansas City.
- Locally owned and operated: We are an independent agency, not a franchise.
- Healthcare leadership: Our owner, Kevin Edwards, has over 20 years’ experience in the healthcare field. His wife, Lori, worked in various capacities as a Registered Nurse for over 20 years before retiring.
- Personal Experience: Kevin’s wife, Lori, has Multiple Sclerosis. They have utilized home care for her at various times since her diagnosis in 2007.
Looking for a job?
Use Our Careers Page for Questions & Info
Download Our Brochure
Our Caregivers – Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) or Home Health Aids (HHAs) – are carefully selected to provide the appropriate level of support based on each client’s needs.
Our Staff of Caregivers
We understand that the only way to execute on our mission is to employ caregivers who possess a passion for delivering outstanding service and satisfaction. Elder Care provides compassionate, dependable caregivers who are dedicated to helping others. Our caregivers are experienced and trained to care for clients in home, hospital or nursing home settings. Our Caregivers are:
- Licensed RNs, LPNs and CNAs
- Compassionate and dependable
- Covered by Worker’s Comp
- CPR certified
- Experienced and professional
- Screened and given background checks
- Insured and bonded
- Supervised and closely monitored
- Passionate about helping others
For those wanting a 1 minute summary of the services we offer, check out this video!